Nagios disfunctional , perhaps due to time change ?

Menard, Chris Chris.Menard at Aspect.com
Mon Oct 26 17:55:32 CET 2009

When we run into this in the US, what is the easiest way to correct the issue if we don't need to retain and downtime, acts or any status data.  Is there a file or two that just needs to be deleted?

Thanks,
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Flacke [mailto:Matthias.Flacke at gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 8:55 AM
To: Ton Voon
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Nagios disfunctional , perhaps due to time change ?

Ton Voon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 26 Oct 2009, at 10:18, Mattias Ryrlén wrote:
>
>> This can be solved with issue the following error.
>>
>> service nagios stop; now=$(date +%s); sed -i
>> "s/^next_check=.*/next_check=$now/" /usr/local/nagios/var/status.sav;
>> service nagios start
>>
>> this will only work if:
>> 1. you can issue command 'service' :)
>> 2. you have it installed to /usr/local/nagios
>
> We've also seen this bug.
>
> We've provided another way of fixing this. You can find more details
> here: http://opsview-blog.opsera.com/dotorg/2009/10/nagios-scheduling-bug.html

Hi,

this change is causing the wrong reschedule:
http://nagios.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/nagios/nagios/base/utils.c?r1=1.236&r2=1.237&view=patch

It has been applied on 15th of January 2009 and introduced some
statements

t->tm_isdst=-1;

into base/utils.c.

Affected are all Nagios versions >= 3.1.0.

I could reproduce it here: if the patch above is backed out, the
scheduling behaves correctly.

-Matthias