CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon.

Mathew Walker lmw94002 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 26 17:48:32 CET 2009

No firewall rules in play?  eg. allowing connections from your Nagios server to tcp-5666 and allowing the remove server to connect back to your nagios server?

Did you edit the nrpe.cfg file correctly and add the server to allowed_hosts?  Did you remember to restart NRPE after editing the config?

did you try actually issuing a check like "check_nrpe -H xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -c check_users" ?

--
Mat W. - http://www.techadre.com