Is there new template shipped with nagios3 ?

J. Bakshi joydeep at infoservices.in
Thu Oct 22 11:08:50 CEST 2009

Hello list,

Please bear with me but I am using my old nagios2 configuration file
with nagios3. I wounder if there is any new template available for
nagios3. I love to use it if any. Here is my running host configuration part

```````````````````````````
define host{
        name                            generic-host    ; The name of
this host template
        notifications_enabled           1          ; Host notifications
are enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1          ; Host event handler
is enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1          ; Flap detection is
enabled
        failure_prediction_enabled      1          ; Failure prediction
is enabled
        process_perf_data               1          ; Process performance
data
        retain_status_information       1          ; Retain status
information across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1          ; Retain non-status
information across program restarts
        notification_period      24x7     ; Send host notifications at
any time
        register                        0
        }

# Linux host definition template - This is NOT a real host, just a template!

define host{
   name           linux-server   ; The name of this host template
   use            generic-host   ; This template inherits other values
from the generic-host template
   check_period         24x7     ; By default, Linux hosts are checked
round the clock
   max_check_attempts      10    ; Check each Linux host 10 times (max)
   check_command              check-host-alive ; Default command to
check Linux hosts
   notification_period     workhours   ; Linux admins hate to be woken
up, so we only notify during the day
   notification_interval      120      ; Resend notification every 2 hours
   notification_options    d,u,r    ; Only send notifications for
specific host states
   contact_groups       admins      ; Notifications get sent to the
admins by default
   register       0     ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL
HOST, JUST A TEMPLATE!
   }

define host{
        use                     linux-server