Changing the default value of "Hide Process Messages" (when inspecting alert logs)

Steffen Poulsen sp at tdchosting.dk
Wed Oct 21 09:40:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

I wonder if there is an easy way to change the default value of the "Hide Process Messages" checkbox when inspecting alert histories of hosts and services in Nagios?

We generate our Nagios centrally and reload it every 15 minutes, resulting in a lot of these messages in the log:

[2009-10-21 09:00:15] Nagios 3.0.6 starting... (PID=27677)
[2009-10-21 09:00:15] Caught SIGHUP, restarting...

They can be hidden by enabling the "Hide Process Messages" checkbox and clicking update - but only for the current view. If i.e. "Latest Archive" is clicked, the state of the checkbox is lost again.

So, it occured, simply changing the default value to not show the process messages looks like a sensible way to proceed for us.

Is there such a setting available?

Best regards,
Steffen

--