Stale results and Event Handlers

Tue Oct 20 20:56:28 CEST 2009

I assume by "stale results" you mean, results that were generated by a
freshness check instead of by the actual check? Yes, this is easy to do.
Simply change the check command for the freshness check. When no passive
check results arrive for a certain period, Nagios will invoke this
command as an active check. That is what actually generates the CRITICAL
in this case. I think it usually is check_dummy. If you pass the value
"3" instead of the value "2" on the command line to check_dummy, it will
return UNKNOWN.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.