Nagios communication - NRPE doubt

akp geek akpgeek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:04:29 CEST 2009

Thanks so much Marc..
I did the following

1. I changed the port in /etc/services to 5777
2. I disabled and enabled the service using
        ./svcadm disable  /network/nrpe/tcp:default  and ./svcadm enable
/network/nrpe/tcp:default
3. But I have not changed nrpe.cfg

4. From the nagios server I did the following and it worked
    ./check_nrpe -H 10.112.161.130 -c check_users -p 5777

It worked fine. confusing part is I did not have to change the nrpe.cfg

Any suggestions, why it's working ?

Regards