Re; Nagios communication - NRPE doubt

Joseph Lundback Joseph.Lundback at touchbet.com.mt
Tue Oct 20 17:56:50 CEST 2009

> Hi all
>                   I have a question on how NRPE works. I have installed Nagios on one server1 and Nrpe on server2. they are on the same subnet.
>
> the way I execute the commands on the server2 is  Server1:nrpe!commandonServer2
>
> It works fine now. both servers are on the same subnet. But if I would like to monitor a server outside the firewall, > Is there particular port that needs to be opened or how does that communication work?

Hi,

You can specify the port to use, in example NSClient++. Change the port=<portnumber> under the [NRPE] section in nsc.ini. NSClient will listen to the port you specified.

Hope this helps
/Joseph

The information in this E-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete this E-mail without reading, using or disseminating the information contained in it. Although Touchbet Ltd believes this E-mail and any attachments are free of any virus or other defect which may affect a computer, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Touchbet Ltd does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.