Help with install

xmanhosting anthony at xmanhosting.com.au
Tue Oct 20 13:35:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am looking for some installation help/advice

I have followed the tutorial here:

 <http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/quickstart-fedora.html>
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/quickstart-fedora.html

up to service httpd restart, and it says:

[root at onlinebackup ~]# service httpd restart

Stopping httpd: [FAILED]

Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to
address [::]:80 (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to
address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting down Unable to
open logs

[FAILED] [root at onlinebackup ~]#

I have other software on the server that is using port 80 (Ahsay Online
Backup Manager)

Do I need to change the port on which Nagios works? If so, how would I do
this?

I did restart the server, and continued with the tutorial, right up to:

 <http://localhost/nagios/> http://localhost/nagios/ or  <http://203.59.254.
217/nagios> http://203.59.254.217/nagios

However I get a 404 error page.

Is this related to the error message above?

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

Anthony