Query regarding Nagios notification

Marc-André Doll mad at b-care.net
Wed Oct 14 09:28:58 CEST 2009

Le mercredi 14 octobre 2009 à 12:17 +0530, Satish Kumar P a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Justin Pryzby <justinp at norchemlab.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:13:08AM +0530, Satish Kumar P wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We have a Nagios server that monitors around 300 production servers
> >> and around 2000+ services on all these servers. Recently, when the
> >> STATE of one of the services on a particular host turned HARD, but
> >> Nagios didn't NOTIFY. So I am just trying to understand why it didn't
> >> notify. Here's more information regarding the configuration:

What happened te me once was Nagios not sending notification because for
some reasons the output was changed and contained spaces. As the
"$OUTPUT$" macro wasn't quoted in the notification command definition,
we encountered some erratic behaviours. Check your notification command
definition to be sure.

Marc-André