(no subject)

jaga contest jagacontest at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:22:26 CEST 2009

I have configured Nagios and now want to monitor a clustered windows 2003 server running oracle 11.
I do not want to run check_oracle without putting the NRPE agent on the windows box.

I am able to run the two commands that I want to use at command line successfully.
check_ping -H 10.186.175.6 -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 5
and
check_oracle --login TREN

I added them to the commands.cfg file in the following sections

SAMPLE HOST CHECK COMMANDS

define command{
        command_name    check-host-alive
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H 10.126.135.21 -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 5
        }
SAMPLE SERVICE CHECK COMMANDS

# 'check_oracle' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_oracle
        command_line    $USER1$/check_oracle --login TREN

and added the server to the hosts.cfg

# 'my-hostname' host definition
define host{
use generic-host

host_name my.fqdn
alias My Windows Cluster
address 10.126.135.21
check_command check-host-alive
max_check_attempts 10
notification_interval 120
notification_period 24x7
notification_options d,u,r
}

When I look at my nagios interface I see my sever under the hosts section and it shows its status as up and ping ok.
if i click on it I dont see the status of the check_oracle --login TREN
Am I looking in the wrong place or do I have a config problem.

Thanks in advance
JC

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/