monitor nfs share on windows

dave stern - e-mail.pluribus.unum dit.dash at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:55:01 CEST 2009

I'm trying to check for the size of an nfs share that is accessible
from a windows host.
The windows host is running NSClient++ but there are a number of problems here.

First, the share isn't persistently mapped so at a minimum, I'd have
to write a .bat
warpper that first mapped it to a letter then ran the disk check.
Second, to test this,
I mapped the drive to M: then ran on my nagios server
check_nt -H ... -p 12489 -s ... -v USEDDISKSPACE -l  M -w 80 -c 90
but I got a segfault

So I tried another tactic. Install, turned on snmp on the windows
host. Mapped the
drive to H and tried
check_win_snmp_disk.pl $HOSTADDRESS$ $community 6 80 90
I did get information back. The % usage appears correct but the sizes are
way off (Gig vs Terabyte).

Can I trust the percentages from the above? Is the above script limited in
size to Gigabytes?  Is there a better/easier way to pull down this info?

I tried an snmpwalk but couldn't find anything useful. Otherwise, I'd just
call it directly with an snmpget

TIA