Sharing Check Results between Systems

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Oct 7 16:47:33 CEST 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 9:14 AM, Getchell, Kristoffer M wrote:

> 1) Setup event handlers which will be enabled on active checks and
> used to push results from the Nagios system performing the active
> checks to all other Nagios systems.

The Distributed Monitoring documentation will be useful to you here.
This is pretty standard fare.

> 2) Setup a long running service that parses the Nagios log files on
> each host and replicates any events between systems.

I've done something similar but for a single specific event (service
acknowledgments), and one-way only. It works but you'll have to be
careful that you do not create a loop between the two machines in your
case. I'm not quite sure how you'd be able to distinguish, from
nagios.log, between a command initiated from the web interface and a
command initiated from the remote machine. A better alternative would
be to just designate one of them as the master that everyone uses for
command entry, IMHO.

--
Marc