notifications not being sent on host down/unreachable

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Oct 6 19:53:12 CEST 2009

On Oct 6, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Noel Platzke wrote:

> My host, service and contacts are defined with the following
> templates:
>
> define host{
>         name                            standard-host
>         max_check_attempts              3
>         check_interval                  15
>         retry_interval                  5
>         check_command                   check-host-alive
>         check_period                    24x7
>         notifications_enabled           1
>         retain_status_information       1
>         retain_nonstatus_information    1
>         contacts                        ops
>         notification_interval           15
>         notification_period             24x7
>         check_freshness                 1
>         freshness_threshold             300
>         register                        0
>         }

Hello,

This is just a template and not a complete host definition. In fact,
they were all just templates and missing critical pieces of
information or may have parts that are overridden in the full
definition. You should post the entire definition for the host,
contact group and contact as found in objects.cache. At first glance,
you don't specify any notification_options for the host. With
Nagios-3, this will mean that all states will result in a notification
but under 2.x I believe that behavior is different. I'd go ahead and
specify the specific states to you want to receive notifications for.

--
Marc