Using Nagios to monitor Exchange 2007 Queues, etc.. ??

Mirza Dedic mirde at oppy.com
Fri Oct 2 21:17:41 CEST 2009

I cannot seem to find any solid information with Google.com on how to monitor my Exchange 2007 server, I am interested in knowing the send/receive queues, mainly to know the load at any certain time...

On the box, I have NSClient++ installed (0.3.7) and I am already monitoring windows services, disk/memory/cpu; but I would like to have nagios look under the roof of the exchange server, and get me some #s for queue lengths.

I guess this would be accomplished by WMI? I have not used WMI with NSClient++ before, does anyone have this setup in their environment for Exchange (or even IIS/ISA)?

Please give some examples.

Thank you..