pnp4nagios over nrpe

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Fri Oct 2 17:36:23 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Leonardo Carneiro
<lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br> wrote:
> I'm using pnp4nagios in some local services and it's running just fine.
> now i'm trying to get perfdata from a service running on a remote host,
> but doing so via nrpe. the command it's a simple shell script that
> checks how many files exist in a especified folder.
>
> When i try to see the graph, the last item show me an error:
>
> RRD
> Database/usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/gwserver01/MSG_para_o_banco.rrd
> not found.
>
> I now i could be thousand of problems. what i wanna know if is possible
> to gather this kind of data via nrpe.
>
> tks in advance and forgive me for my poor english.

yes, absolutely NRPE can be used to collect performance data .. does
your shell script return performance data as part of it's output?  You
should see a pipe symbol "|" and then metrics in the output from the
script, e,g.

"MY-CHECK - OK - Blah blah | 'metric1'=10;90;100 'metric2'=4;80;100'"

- Max