Failover Monitoring Acks/Comments

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Oct 2 17:27:51 CEST 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 8:47 AM, Glynne Jones wrote:

> I'm about to design a failover solution and my client wants to ensure
> that the slave nagios server is up to date with state of services.
> Easy, just send it passive updates from the master.
>
> However, they want to make sure any service acknowledgements and
> comments are also sent across to the slave. Has anyone got this
> configured?

I do this for Service Acknowledgments. I've written a small perl
script that runs out of cron to copy them over. It essentially starts
from it's last known position in the log file, looks for
ACKNOWLEDGE_SVC_PROBLEM, grabs it, ssh's over to the other host and
dumps it into the external command file there. I expect the same could
be done for Host Acknowledgements and comments.

--
Marc