nagios3 only doing one check attempt

Noel Platzke neufpas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:54:37 CET 2009

If anyone figures this out it would be greatly appreciated. I posted about
the same thing a few weeks back. I had services defined with
"max_check_attempts" set to 3 and wasn't getting alerted because it would
get stuck on the first or second attempt. After digging through my logs I
saw that when this was happening, the service would go critical but the next
check would never occur. There may be some strange bug in the code that
schedules retries. I'm not sure, but I added a cleanup script that shuts
down nagios, removes all temporary files and restarts which seems to fix the
problem for a short while.