About Nagios Avail Report

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Fri Nov 20 18:20:55 CET 2009

2009/11/19 Yu Watanabe <yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com>:
> Hello All.
>
> I have a question regarding to Nagios availability report.
> Could someone help me out?
>
> I am now using Nagios v3.0.6 on a RHEL 5.1 machined.
>
> I was looking at the Undeterimined state area and realized that the
> Nagios Not Running is 0d 0h 0m 0s , although, the program restart had occured in the day.(please see attach nagios_avai_report_2.PNG)
>
> I have generated the report Today which is "11-19-2009 00:00:00 to 11-19-2009 15:07:02" (please see attach nagios_avai_report_1.PNG)
>
> Is there a condition that Nagios decides even if there are Normal Program restart?
>
> Thank you
> Yu

later ...

okay it's not a bug at all.

When you run the report, you need to specify "Assume States During
Program Downtime:" = No.

In the URL, you can add "&assumestatesduringnotrunning=no" to set this too.

You only normally see all these menu options for the availability
report if you run it from the main Nagios menu.  If you run it from
the little menu in the extinfo.cgi for a service or host, you don't
see all these options.

I hope that helps.  If it doesn't make sense let me know and I'll send
you a screen shot or two.

Cheers,

Jim