Sending mails - first post

Cosmin Neagu cosmin.neagu at omnilogic.ro
Wed Nov 18 09:31:21 CET 2009

OK, i have put in /etc/aliases:
/root:           cosmin.neagu at omnilogic.ro, \root/

The email account in Thunderbird has outgoing smtp server:
mail2.omnilogic.ro:25
Also Lyle Giese gave me some more tips on how to configure
/etc/postfix/main. This is how postfix are configured now:

/etc/postfix/main.cfg:
//everything else is left unchanged.
/myhostname = mail2.omnilogic.ro
//mydomain = omnilogic.ro/
/myorigin = $mydomain/
/mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_security_options =
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport/
/relayhost =/

/etc/postfix/transport
/omnilogic.ro      :
.omnilogic.ro     :
*                smtp:[mail2.omnilogic.ro]:25/

/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd:
/webmail.omnilogic.ro    cosmin.neagu at omnilogic.ro:***//
/
I have attached the 2 configs that i thing is relevant to Nagios
host/service configurations.

And regarding your last advice, i have no clue on how to configure my
email client to check the email account on the nagios machine...don't i
need a mail server on nagios machine for that?

So...can anyone tell me what is missing, or point me to some
step-by-step documentation?

Just before pressing SEND, Lyle gave me some more hints, and now it
working, i can receive mails.
These line needed to be added in /etc/postfix/transport:
mail2.omnilogic.ro      :
.mail2.omnilogic.ro     :
*             smtp:[mail2.omnilogic.ro]:25

Thank allot Lyle