check_openmanage.exe cannot find Dell OMSA

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Mon Nov 16 20:14:20 CET 2009

> "C. Bensend" <benny at bennyvision.com> writes:
>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>>    I'm trying to teach my newest Nagios installation how to test Dell's
>> hardware on remote Windows boxes via NRPE/NSClient++, and I'm running
>> into a snag:
>>
>> ./check_nrpe -H HOSTNAME -c check_openmanage
>> ERROR: Dell OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) is not installed
>>
>>    Hmm.  It's installed, and it's installed on every host I've tried
>> so far, but each of them report that OMSA is not installed.  Running
>> the check_openmanage.exe from the command prompt locally on the
>> Windows machine reports the exact same, that it thinks OMSA is not
>> installed.
>>
>> Thoughts/cluebats?
>
> Hi,
>
> Which version of check_openmanage is this? Find out with
>
>   check_openmanage.exe -V
>
> Also, where is omreport.exe installed on your hosts?

Hi Trond,

   -V reports v3.5.1.  I believe that's the latest release.

   omreport.exe is in F:\dellopenmanage\oma\bin, which is where our
infrastructure group stores their software (the F: drive).  Is there
a way to tell check_openmanage where it is?

Thanks!

Benny

--
"It's not all about getting up and putting four slices of kickass
in a two slice toaster."         -- ark86, on Fazed.net