Problems checking external host

James Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Mon Nov 16 16:07:09 CET 2009

http://www.zdnetasia.com/techguide/opensource/0,39044899,62052006,00.htm

>> Thanks for the tutorial it really help me a lot but I need to ask
some
>> dummie or newbie :( question: if I'm logged in as root, how I can
create
>> the ssh-key for nagios from root command line?

No problem - As root, just run:

su - nagios -c "ssh nagios at remotebox.com" (replace your target hostname
here, or use IP)

let it connect and accept the key, then do the same on the target box in
reverse, so that both sides have the key in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
files.

Hth -

cheers,
James