dave stern - e-mail.pluribus.unum dit.dash at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 20:51:20 CET 2009

It seems that all options will run up against the fact that we have
enabled web authentication
and are not willing to turn it off. I've come up with a couple of ideas however.

1/ create a htpasswd account called guest with no password. At least
that limits the
    necessary typing/authentication
2/ You can encode a username/password combination into a URL. This can also work
    with a redirect. So if I have an htpasswd account named "open",
password "open",
    I can point people to a URL containing this:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="1;URL=http://open:open@mynagios.com/nagios">

This works perfectly....for most browsers. IE, in its infinite wisdom
wont allow this for
security concerns.

Thanks to everyone for their help