read-only nagios

dave stern - e-mail.pluribus.unum dit.dash at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:48:32 CET 2009

We're looking for a mechanism to allow others access to our nagios
server for viewing only. The kicker is they want to be able to reach it
without any htpasswd so multiple htpasswords and
authorization_for_system_commands is not an option.

I'm thinking the only practical method to accomplish this is to
somehow mirror the install elsewhere. One idea was a cronjob that
ran a wget hitting the status cgi and dumping it somewhere on the
same machine. This still tends to have authentication queries
embedded in it. Another option might be another install on the
same server, different port, no authentication and
perhaps rsync'ing data from the master.

Has anyone set up anything like this before?

TIA