Don't have permission

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Tue Nov 10 20:54:57 CET 2009

Hi John!

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, John Oliver wrote:

> Well, after fighting through a bunch of SELinux issues (the module for
> nagios in the latest selinux packages for CentOS 5 doesn't have enough
> rules, I've had to add three more modules to catch all of the violations
> :-( ), I can finally access the Nagios UI.  But it says:
>
> It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
> any of the services you requested...
>
> If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
> requirements for accessing this CGI
> and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.
>

> However, no errors are logged by httpd, and selinux isn't catching
> anything, either.  So... what "permission" am I missing?

Definitely going to need more than that to go on, since there are about
25,000 different configuration problems that could cause that one.

Do you have Apache authentication configured?
How have you set any authentication options in the cgi.cfg file?
Does nagios show you as logged in?
Is that username a contact on any hosts or services?