Error after installed Nagios in a new server

ReynierPM rperezm at uci.cu
Tue Nov 10 15:12:53 CET 2009

ReynierPM wrote:
> Hi every:
> I've installed today Nagios on a new dedicated server. I've also one
> Bacula Server configured to check. When I try to access to "Hosts" or
> any other link I get this error:
>
> "It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
> any of the hosts you requested..."
>
> I check this links:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg06010.html
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/installweb.html
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/cgiauth.html
>
> And do all this but it still not working. Can any help me to fix this?

Hi again:
Today I check all the configuration files and do whatever I can but
still not working. I described here what I'm doing.

1) Configure the Apache && Nagios authentication as follow:

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/local/nagios/sbin"
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
    SSLRequireSSL
    Options ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    AuthType Basic
    AuthBasicProvider ldap
    AuthName "Servicio Monitoreo DT IP"
    AuthLDAPURL "ldap://10.0.0.3/OU=UCI Domain
Users,DC=uci,DC=cu?sAMAccountname?sub?(objectClass=person)"
    AuthLDAPBindDN "ad.search at uci.cu"
    AuthLDAPBindPassword "uF2SODWAHiW0eJboFFQEAvVzJ"
    AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off
    Require ldap-user cvega rperezm
</Directory>

Alias /nagios "/usr/local/nagios/share"
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
    SSLRequireSSL
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    AuthType Basic
    AuthBasicProvider ldap
    AuthName "Servicio Monitoreo DT IP"
    AuthLDAPURL "ldap://10.0.0.3/OU=UCI Domain
Users,DC=uci,DC=cu?sAMAccountname?sub?(objectClass=person)"
    AuthLDAPBindDN "ad.search at uci.cu"
    AuthLDAPBindPassword "uF2SODWAHiW0eJboFFQEAvVzJ"
    AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off
    Require ldap-user cvega rperezm
</Directory>

As you can see I use LDAP instead of Basic or Digest auth and also use
HTTPS instead of HTTP.

2) Set the var use_authentication in /usr/local/nagios/etc to 1
use_authentication=1

3) Change all authorized_for_ vars to suit all the users
authorized_for_system_information=nagiosadmin, nagios, rperezm
authorized_for_configuration_information=nagiosadmin, nagios, rperezm
authorized_for_system_commands=nagiosadmin, nagios, rperezm
authorized_for_all_services=nagiosadmin, nagios, rperezm
authorized_for_all_hosts=nagiosadmin, nagios, rperezm
authorized_for_all_service_commands=nagiosadmin, nagios, rperezm
authorized_for_all_host_commands=nagiosadmin, nagios, rperezm

4) Restart Nagios several times

What's wrong? Why this still not working?
--
Saludos
ReynierPM