problem with check_mrtgtraf

AJay xjtuzmj at qq.com
Mon Nov 9 05:19:32 CET 2009

hi, all
       My nagios is 3.2.0 with pnp-0.4.14 and I installed mrtg-2.14.5-2. I use the default plugin check_mrtgtraf to monitor interface traffic. Our system is not online yet, so the traffic is very low -- sometime 2 KB/s, sometime 800 B/s. Everything works fine except for the graphics. When the traffic is 2 KB/s, the graphics records 2 and unit is KB/s. When the traffic is 800 B/s, the graphics records 800 and the unit changes to B/s. It seems like the graphics only cares about the numbers and ignores the unit, so that makes my MAX traffic 800 KB/s. This is definitely not right. My questions is, how can I set the unit to fixed KB/s and let the plugin convert 800B/s to 0.8KB/s automatically? Thanks in advance!

ps: My mrtg.cfg: Options[_]: growright, bits