check snmp with diferent community not work

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Nov 6 18:24:05 CET 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 7:20 AM, Ricardo Delgado wrote:

> Hi marc
>
>      Please, can you send me a url or example about how use and
> define snmp?

No, I don't have any that I can provide other than the example I
provided yesterday based on what you're trying to do. I don't think
your main problem is understanding how to use check_snmp, but more
with understanding how the nagios config pieces go together to create
a check. I could be wrong though. Specific questions about what you're
confused about would be better than a blanket question that
encompasses many parts of the published documentation (and concepts
that come out of that). One thing that is wrong (but you're not that
far along yet) is that you haven't told check_snmp what's good or bad
about the result it will get from the .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0 OID. It'll
probably just report OK all the time if it gets any result at all.

I will say that check_snmp is one of the more complicated plugins,
mainly because SNMP itself is fairly complicated (and flexible) and
the plugin needs to match that flexibility. You might consider
googling for 'nagios check ups' and see if someone has already
simplified checking the kind of UPS that you have.

Several people here recommend the 'Nagios' book by Wolfgang Barth.
I've never read it myself but they got a lot out of it.

>       I sent a email days ago with my doubts

I responded to one yesterday ;)

--
Marc