Error while configuring NRPE on solaris

Luc I. Suryo luc at suryo.com
Fri May 29 18:37:22 CEST 2009

fyi

I have been using nagios and nrpe 9-10 years now; sparc and x86, started back with solaris 7
and now soalris 10, zero error.... mix solaris, aix, hpux, linux.
The server has always been Solaris (sparc or x86), use inetd/xinetd/deamon mode
again zero error

The one 'problem' i have seen people complain about is ssl and nrpe, read the manual and it should pretty
clear what todo, 99.9% is almost the use not having doing some RTFM thingy :)
The other one is tcp-wrapper and nrpe, nrpe has a access control buildt-in
so I never understood one would need to use tcp-wrapper :)

-ls