How to send notification to non-admin group ?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri May 29 10:57:13 CEST 2009

On May 29, 2009, at 3:17 AM, J. Bakshi wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Coming back to the list after a long time. Hope you all are well.
>
> I monitor a few remote servers with nagios  (  2.12 ).  I have
> individual cfg file for every remote servers under nagios
> monitoring. I
> need to add another email notification for a particular server say
> serverA. Hence in serverA.cfg I have added the following
>
> ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
> define contact{
<snip>

>        }
>
> define contactgroup{
<snip>

>        }

Nothing obviously wrong above...

> define host{
>   name           serverA   ; The name of this host template

>   notification_period     workhours   ; Linux admins hate to be woken
> up, so we only notify during the day

This is a restriction. Did it meet your test criteria?

>   contact_groups       admins,others      ; Notifications get sent to
> the admins by default
>   register       0     ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A
> REAL
> HOST, JUST A TEMPLATE!

This is a template, not a usable definition. Does the host{}
definition that uses this template override the contact_groups
parameter?

Other than those, does nagios.log show notifications to the contact?
Nagios was restarted after making these changes?

--
Marc