Error while configuring NRPE on solaris

N Patil N.Patil at lntinfotech.com
Thu May 28 15:50:54 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I have successfully installed configure NRPE on Solaris 10 but when I run,
 /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H localhost
CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

I have compiled with,
./configure --with-ssl-lib=/usr/sfw/lib --with-ssl-inc=/usr/sfw/include
--with-ssl=/usr/sfw

I can also see following error on console as well as in /var/adm/messages
logs,
May 28 19:08:26 solaris10.remotehost.com inetd[24233]: [ID 702911
daemon.error] Failed to set credentials for the inetd_start method of
instance svc:/network/nrpe/tcp:default (chdir: No such file or directory)
May 28 19:15:27 solaris10.remotehost.com inetd[24241]: [ID 702911
daemon.error] Failed to set credentials for the inetd_start method of
instance svc:/network/nrpe/tcp:default (chdir: No such file or directory)

I have already tried few solutions after googling but no use.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks,
Nilesh

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
www.Lntinfotech.com

This Document is classified as:

L&T Infotech Proprietary   L&T Infotech Confidential   L&T Infotech
Internal Use Only   L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.