plugin exiting with 127 code

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue May 26 06:39:57 CEST 2009

On May 25, 2009, at 7:33 PM, Tracy Reed wrote:

>  The plugin is definitely there and usually the
> check passes with no problem. But sometimes it fails with this 127
> code. I have run the test manually from the command line many times
> and it never has a problem. Any idea what can cause this?
>
> May 25 13:02:01 mail nagios: SERVICE ALERT:
> boycottnovell.com;wordpress;CRITICAL;SOFT;2;GET /?stories HTTP/1.0
> May 25 13:04:01 mail nagios: SERVICE ALERT:
> boycottnovell.com;wordpress;OK;SOFT;3;GET /?stories HTTP/1.0
> May 25 13:14:01 mail nagios: Warning: Return code of 127 for check of
> service 'wordpress' on host 'boycottnovell.com' was out of
> bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.

What plugin is this and what is it's command definition? If you're
absolutely certain that the plugin exists in the path specified and is
accessible by the nagios user, it's likely that some part of it
(library, file path, external program, etc) isn't present, isn't in
the minimum path provided to the plugin or isn't accessible by the
nagios user. If this is a script, all internally referenced files
should use fully qualified paths.

--
Marc