Error Displaying CGI Pages

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Tue May 26 03:16:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 5/25/09 10:24 AM, Chad Files wrote:
> I am getting the "Error: Could not read object configuration data" when
> I view any of the CGI pages in my Nagios installation.
>
> This started after I moved my entire OS (Gentoo Linux) installation to a
> new drive. The nagios daemon is running, there are no errors in the
> config files, all of the nagios files have the correct permissions, and
> there is nothing in the log file saying what might be wrong.
>
> It appears the CGI scripts are looking for something that does not
> exist. I have searched all over looking for a solution and have not
> found anything. Does anybody have any ideas on what might be wrong?

Make sure the CGI scripts can read the following files:
* /usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg
* /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
* /usr/local/nagios/var/objects.cache
* /usr/local/nagios/var/status.dat

Especially check for ownerships and permissions.

Also make sure the path to those files are correct in nagios.cfg:
* object_cache_file
* status_file

--
Mathieu