Notify via Growl?

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Tue May 26 00:22:03 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 5/20/09 5:39 PM, Israel Brewster wrote:

> Which is basically the same thing as hacking the Python script except
> for a) having to start from scratch, and b) having to work in a language
> I have little experience with :-) I was sort of hoping someone had
> already done the above steps and would be willing to share :-D Oh well,
> it won't take more than a couple of hours to whip the Python into shape,
> and has the advantage of being self-contained, aside from some standard
> Python modules (so no installing from CPAN or the like). Thanks for the
> suggestion though :-)

I missed the part about Python, sorry. :D

However I wish to share with you and the rest of us this Perl script I
wrote to notify Growl.

It is based on the example provided by Net::Growl. Obviously, Net::Growl
is required. A small documentation is included too.

I hope it's bug free and will be useful to some of you. :)

--
Mathieu