Using both NTLM and htpasswd file authentication for NAGIOS web interface

Sat May 23 22:50:18 CEST 2009

This is really more of an Apache question than a Nagios question. You
can set up Apache to use two separate authentication sources. Basically,
you set it up to authenticate using htaccess, and if that fails, it
"falls through" to AD authentication - or vice versa. How to configure
this fall-through should be documented with the Apache modules you are
using for authentication. Most, if not all, modules support it in some
form or other.

Another option, if your admins are also AD users, might be to have
everybody, including admins, log on using Windows AD, and distinguishing
permissions within Nagios.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.