Fwd: sysUpTime.0: Status showing 'UNKNOWN'

Jimmyboy jimmyjose2980 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 22:52:25 CEST 2009

Hi All,

Yesterday, I was unable to get the snmp-based Uptime data of a remote RSM in
the Nagios Web Interface.

Today, I have setup an L3 switch with VLAN and its IP address, and global
SNMP settings (public community only).

SNMP settings are as follows:
snmp-server community public ro
access-list 60 permit any
snmp-server host IP public
snmp-server enable traps
snmp-server enable traps snmp
snmp-server enable traps syslog

   - This switch is in the same subnet as the Nagios machine.
   - The access-list is set with permit 'any'.

 Still, I am unable to get the sysUpTime information in nagios web
interface. However, on doing an snmpwalk as under succeeds.

snmpwalk -v1 -c<community> <address> sysUptime
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance
= Timeticks: (496887) 1:22:48.87

So, I feel there is something I have missed out on?

Any idea what that might be?

Thanks,
Jim

=-=-=-=