Monitoring switches via SNMP --

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:18:16 CEST 2009

I would agree... get all the relevant devel and necessary library
packages. For some plugins, you can straight into the plugins directory
and compile that one plugin (once all the pre-reqs are there), then copy
the binary to your libexec folder. I had to do this with a client with
mysql. Initially it didn't have mysql, so the test wasn't compiled. I
installed mysql including the dev pkgs and libs, then dropped into the
~nagios-plugins/plugins folder and did a "make check_mysql.c", then
copied the check_mysql binary to my libexec folder and all was fine...

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan