differing notifications

RijilV rijilv at riji.lv
Wed May 20 20:22:19 CEST 2009

2009/5/20 Neil Dombrowski <neil at pricegrabber.com>:
> I haven't been able to find an answer to this conundrum looking at the
> docs, faq, or googling. I'd love to hear any suggestions.
>

> We have two contact groups; group "adminmail" sends an email to our
> mailboxes and "adminphone" sends email to our phones. The idea is when a
> "warning" notification happens, adminmail gets notified, and when a
> "critical" notification happens adminphone gets notified.
>
> As a test I set up two services that check disk. For the first one I set:
> notification_options w,r
> contact_group         adminmail
>
> For the second service I set:
> notification_options  c
> contact_group         adminphone
>
> This works, but it's kludgy.  Is there a way to define one contact_group
> for a warning, and a different contact group for critical? We are
> currently running v1.2(yes, old), but will be upgrading eventually. I'd
> like to know if there's a solution I can implement now; if we need to
> upgrade to get this functionality I'd like to know as well.
>
> Thanks,
>    Neil

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#contact

Just setup two contacts, one for adminmail that gets warnings, the
other for adminphone that gets crits.  Add them to the same
contract_group, then add that contact group to your service check.
This style/syntax hasn't changed really, save for in nagios 3.x you
don't need the contact group if you don't want it.

.r'