email attribute in contact

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed May 20 16:26:19 CEST 2009

Melanie Pfefer wrote:
> hi
>
> in defining a contact, can we have email attribute have 2 email addresses seperated by a comma?

Yes and no. Nagios will never bother with the email address,
except for expanding the string you've written there when it's
time to notify someone. If your notification script can take
care of a comma-separated list of email addresses, then all
will be fine.

I believe the default notification commands will if you omit
the comma and just separate the two (or more) email addresses
with spaces. I leave it as an exercise to you to find out if
that is actually true or not. Make sure to report your finds
back to the list, so other can benefit in the future.

> thank you

You're welcome.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

on peace.