OID's missing for check_snmp_cpfw.pl

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Mon May 18 19:37:22 CEST 2009

I'm trying to make use of check_snmp_cpfw.pl against a pair of redundant
CP firewalls. For any test I try, I see:

    cannot find oids / CPFW Status : CRITICAL

I've verified all the perl stuff including Net::SNMP and Getopt::Long

    ./check_snmp_cpfw.pl -H 10.1.1.250 -C obfuscated -swm
    FW : cannot find oids / SVN : cannot find oids / MGMT : cannot find
    oids / CPFW Status : CRITICAL

it appears from the website that the script was last updated on 2007.
We're running IP250's with the latest Firewall-1 s/w. Perhaps the script
is too old for our h/w or s/w? I'm thinking that maybe the script only
works on FW1 on local UNIX servers? But since its going over SNMP over
the network, I'm sort of doubting this.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solution? Is anyone else using the
latest, greatest FW-1 s/w on an IP250 and this script works for them?

--

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan