Both hostgroup_name and host_name in services.cfg

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Mon May 18 16:51:21 CEST 2009

Well, yes and no. The checks of the config files didn't show any errors,
but that doesn't mean the developers accounted for the situation and
that I won't see any anomalies as a result. I was hoping that another
user might've had some experience with it... something like "hey I tried
this and it broke that" or "no problems here, go for it". That's what
lists like this are for. I already RTFM'd and its not mentioned. Hence
why I asked the list. And as for it being faster to try than to wait...
not sure about you, but my Nagios server is considered a production
system. Thus, for me it pays to wait for a response and play it safe
than to rush ahead and potentially break something... few people in IT
ever muck things up by waiting for good input, but quite a few have
screwed stuff up by jumping ahead without enough information.

FWIW: I have gone ahead and tried it and it does appear to work, though
I'll have to wait to see if any issues result.

Thanks for taking the time to write an answer that didn't provide any
input on the actual question I posed.

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan