Nagios 3 - Migration to mysql

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:34:11 CEST 2009

Plus, for what its worth, on most systems these days you can move an HD
to another system with more CPU/RAM which would negate the muck up all
the Nagios stuff.

Virtualization is an alternative as well. We run Nagios and Cacti on one
server and four instances of Splunk on four other servers. Last month,
we used VMWare's P2V tool to make all five physical servers virtual,
then moved them to a a Sun X4100 running ESXi. The only cost was the
server. The overall load of each individual virtual server is under 50%
and the ESXi box itself is sitting at only 30% load.

If disk space is an issue, another alternative is to clone the HD(s),
then perhaps move to another server (in the case of going to IDE or SATA
to SAS or SCSI, this is likely a must).

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan