Upgrade from 1.3 version to 3+

James Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Thu May 14 02:22:21 CEST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: venu_vustipalli at readersdigest.com
[mailto:venu_vustipalli at readersdigest.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 4:33 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Upgrade from 1.3 version to 3+

Anyone please let me know what is the best way to proceed for a beginner
to upgrade Nagios 1.3 version on Linux to the 3+

Thanks,
Venu

---

First, I'd rebuild a new linux server to run it on and get the latest
version running, even if it's only checking localhost and emailing me.

Examine very closely *all* old config files, figure out your old
installation and what checks will replace (if necessary) the older ones
from nagios-plugins standard programs, or if you  may need custom
plugins from nagiosexchange.org

Slowly rebuild the old configuration into the new, testing (and
improving/learning) as you go.

(that's just me though). ;)

Cheers,
jamie