Help with graphing

Andrew Davis nccomp at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:44:21 CEST 2009

I read through and followed Wolfgang Barth's "Nagios 2nd Edition" for my
Nagios 3/x install. Its been extremely helpful and covers lots of
options. For graphing, it covered multiple options with reasons for
each, including Nagiosgraph, Perf2rrd, drraw, NagiosGrapher, and PNP.
After reading about them all and and such, I decided on PNP (pnp4nagios)
as it was the best mix of ease of installation combined with
functionality. Most that were easy to install were also somewhat
limited. Those that were unlimited in scope were also difficult to
install. pnp4nagios struck a good balance between both. There were some
tweaks to make, though, so for this reason I recommend pnp4nagios but I
also recommend Nagios 2nd Edition as it has all the changes and caveats
covered.

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com

  "There is no limit to what a man can accomplish
   if he doesn't care who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan