Reporting issue

Greg Martin gmartin at gmartin.org
Wed May 13 19:07:38 CEST 2009

We;re currently using 3.06 in Production.  We use a custom availability
timeframe to run reports every month to report availability data to
Mgmt.  We noticed a change in behavior over the past couple months that
has us puzzled.  When we run an availability report for the past month
and choose the custom report period, it reports the duration as 30
days.  Seems logical as that is the elapsed time of the report, but in
the past, nagios would calculate that duration as the maximum
availability based on the custom timeperiod we used to generate the report.

To make this a bit clearer, if our Production time was 18 hrs/day M-F
and we defined that as Corp_Prod and we ran the report against it for,
say, April 09.  Nagios would have reported the Duration as 396 hours
(22days x 18hrs/day).

However, in recent months we're noticing that Nagios report the calendar
duration of the report with no regard for the customer timeperiod.

Any ideas whether something has changed or if we're doing something wrong?

Thanks

\\Greg