PNP4nagios-Implementing drraw

mohandas.k at tcs.com mohandas.k at tcs.com
Tue May 12 14:02:17 CEST 2009

Hi Jim,

I am getting following error while accessing URL http://<IP Address>/drraw
after following your suggested steps.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Software error:
Can't locate loadable object for module RRDs in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib/perl/5.8.7/sun4-solaris
/usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib
/usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4
/usr/perl5/site_perl /usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/sun4-solaris-64int
/usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4 /usr/perl5/vendor_perl) at
/var/www/drraw/drraw.cgi line 48
Compilation failed in require at /var/www/drraw/drraw.cgi line 48.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/drraw/drraw.cgi line 48.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (you at example.com), giving this
error message and the time and date of the error.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

However I have made below changes in drraw.cgi to use RRDs :

use lib '/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib/perl/5.8.7/sun4-solaris';
use RRDs;

RRDs.pm is also available in mentioned location

# cd /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib/perl/5.8.7/sun4-solaris/
#ls
RRDs.pm        auto           ntmake.pl      perllocal.pod

following  packages are installed on sun box:

Perl 5.8.4
Apache/2.2.11
RRDtool 1.2.19

Please help me.

Mohandas Kudva K

Jim Avery <jim at jimavery.me.uk>
Sent by: averyjim at gmail.com
05/11/2009 08:40 PM

mohandas.k at tcs.com
cc
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] PNP4nagios-Implementing drraw

2009/5/11  <mohandas.k at tcs.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on drraw but i have been finding it very
difficult to
> configure the same. So can anyone please help me to implement it. Any
help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Mohandas Kudva K
> Mailto: mohandas.k at tcs.com

I doubt I've remembered everything, but hopefully these notes might
help...

I downloaded the tarball drraw-2.2b2.tar.gz from
http://web.taranis.org/drraw/#download

I extracted it under /var/www, then renamed the directory from
drraw-2.2bd to drraw.

I editted the file /var/www/drraw/drraw.conf to set the datadirs like so:

  %datadirs = ('/usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata-nagios2'  => '[Nagios2]
',
               '/usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata'  => '[Nagios3] ',
              );

You probably only need the one datadir - I have some old .rrds in
perfdata-nagios2 I like to be able to look at too.

I set variables for the working directories for drraw like so:

  $saved_dir = '/usr/local/drraw/saved';
  $tmp_dir = '/usr/local/drraw/tmp';

These already existed on my system from a previous install - you may
need to create them.  Put them wherever you think is suitable and make
sure they are writeable by apache (on my system permissions on these
are "drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data").

I create the file /etc/apache2/conf.d/drraw.conf like so:

# ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/local/nagios/sbin"

  Alias /drraw "/var/www/drraw"
  <Directory "/var/www/drraw">
      DirectoryIndex  drraw.cgi
  #  SSLRequireSSL
     Options +ExecCGI
     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
  #  Order deny,allow
  #  Deny from all
  #  Allow from 127.0.0.1
     AuthName "Nagios Access"
     AuthType Basic
     AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
     Require valid-user
  </Directory>

and restarted the apache daemon to make it take effect.

I hope this helps.

If you're still having trouble, please be a bit more specific about
what you are having a problem with.

Cheers,

Jim

ForwardSourceID:NT00002F1A