Create a template host. Howto?

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Tue May 12 04:53:08 CEST 2009

You do not HAVE to reconfigure all your sevices,
But it may be easier to maintain of you examine your config
and redo it to something that fits your projected growth.

It may not be worth the time reorganizing the config files,
if none of your coworkers are willing to maintain the new structure

I personally like using
A) service check templates to configure the base check times and standards
B) Have some services templates assigned to standard hostgroups
C) Have nested config directories managing different clients

A single unique check does not need a hostgroup.
but a service templet for that host makes it just a few lines to add the new
check.

While a common check like a port check of FTP or 8080 would be better as a
Hostgroup

Good luck,
Tony  (Author of NC_NEt)