Required RPMs for Nagios 2.5

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Tue May 12 03:14:21 CEST 2009

If you've installed everything, including Nagios, via RPM/yum/up2date, then
you should get a warning if upgrading some packages will interfere with
Nagios.

Assuming you've installed Nagios via RPM/up2date, then you can do:

rpm -qa | grep nagios

To see what Nagios-related packages you have installed.  Then do a:

rpm -qR <nagios package name>

to see what packages Nagios requires.  That's actually going to show what
libraries and binaries are needed by Nagios, not the actual package names.

If you installed Nagios by source, then you'll need to find a Nagios 2.5.x
RPM, download it (don't install it)t, and do a:

rpm -qpR <rpm file>

to find out what it requires.  Better yet, go to the package maintainers
website and find the spec file that was used to build the RPM to find out
what packages are required to install the RPM.

James Moseley

Karen Tsai <hytsai at stanford.edu> wrote:

Hi,

We are running Nagios 2.5 on Linux x86. We would like to get a list
of RPMs required for Nagios if there are any. We are trying to get
this information in preparation for the Linux up2date patching, in
order to evaluate if the up2date patching would possibly impact the
Nagios. Does anyone know if there are any required RPMs?