Nagios mail problem

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Mon May 11 13:16:28 CEST 2009

2009/5/11 harish tyagi <harishtyagi.81 at gmail.com>:
> dear Sir
> i am use the nagios 3.0 and nagios plugin version is 1.4.7 all fuction is
> working but nagios not send the mail notification.please help me.

Please read http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/notifications.html

Check whether you can send an email from the command-line on your
Nagios server, for example:

  /usr/bin/mail -s "A test email" harishtyagi.81 at gmail.com
  This is just a test.
  .

If that doesn't work, you probably need to install an email client on
your server, or configure it correctly to forward emails through your
smtp server.

See the FAQ at http://nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=18&expand=false&showdesc=true

hth,

Jim