Create a template host. Howto?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Sun May 10 13:42:54 CEST 2009

On 10. mai. 2009, at 10.43, Gabriel - IP Guys wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I've completed my nagios installation, thanks to a bit of lurking on
> this list, and now I have an issue of my own.
>
> I've finished configuring a host with all the checks and warnings
> that I need, and now I want to use all the same checks on my other
> hosts. I don't want to have to keep changing every host once when i
> install and configure new plugins. How can create a template so that
> all host are 'updated' with new checks when i update just the
> template?

http://nagios.org/docs/ is a good place to start

If you have installed from source, the relevant config is usually
under /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/. See templates.cfg there - that
can give you a clue.

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685 / 98013356
roy at karlsbakk.net
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres
intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å