Nagios 3 ACK author

Sven Wiedeck sven.wiedeck at wunderloop.com
Fri May 8 17:35:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

thanks for the replies but we don't want to create user accounts for >
30 people if it's not absolutely neccesary.

So the auto-login is the only way so far...

Sven

Am 08.05.2009 um 13:11 schrieb Jim Avery:

> 2009/5/8 Sven Wiedeck <sven.wiedeck at wunderloop.com>:
>> Hi everybody,
>> a few words before:
>> -> we're running a Nagios 3 installation
>> -> logins are disabled - everybody is nagiosadmin per default (only
>> internally reachable)
>> Now I'm searching for a possibility to force the users to enter
>> their name
>> when they acknowledge a problem.
>> Currenty the author name is set to the default login per default
>> (nagiosadmin).
>> Some people leave this name in there and we can't see who has ack'ed.
>> Is there any way to leave the author name empty that Nagios rejects
>> the ack
>> without entering a name?
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Sven
>

> I guess you need to look in /usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg:
>
>  # LOCK AUTHOR NAMES OPTION
>  # This option determines whether users can change the author name
>  # when submitting comments, scheduling downtime.  If disabled, the
>  # author names will be locked into their contact name, as defined
> in Nagios.
>  # Values: 0 = allow editing author names
>  #         1 = lock author names (disallow editing)
>
>  lock_author_names=1
>
> And configure Nagios so that people will login using their own
> username.
>
> hth,
>
> Jim

Sven
IT/Administrator
____________________________
wunderloop media services GmbH
Holzdamm 18
20099 Hamburg

T     +49 (0)40 - 432 07 826
F     +49 (0)40 - 432 07 799
E     sven.wiedeck at wunderloop.com

www.wunderloop.de

Sitz und Handelsregister: AG Hamburg, HRB 80 530
Geschäftsführung: Torsten Ahlers, Sven Bagemihl, Frank Conrad, Dr.
Christoph Bauer
This e-mail is confidential and is intended for the addressee(s) only.
If you are not the named addressee you may not use it, copy it or
disclose it
to any other person. If you received this message in error please
notify the
sender immediately.

P please consider the environment - do you really need to print this
email?